Hill County Extension Agent, Karen Jungman has given the library some kid-friendly recipes and snacks that are designed to help kids make better choices about what they put in their lunch boxes! I’ve listed a few here but stop by the library for her hand out for the full list!
Orange-Pineapple Dreamsicle Smoothie
Makes about four 1 cup servings.
8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained and chilled
8 oz. can mandarin oranges, drained and chilled
1 c. greek Vanilla-flavored yogurt
1 c. orange juice
1 c. ice cubes
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Put lid on and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Healthy Kid-Friendly Snacks
* Pretzel Stick Kabobs – Thread cheese cubes and grapes on a pretzel stick
* Rocky Road Pudding – Crush graham crackers, layer with chocolate pudding and 1 T. mini marshmallows
* Inside out Sandwich – Wrap sliced turkey around a soft bread stick and dip in mustard.